Liechtenstein Gorge is located in a small tributary valley, just 3 km from St Johann in Pongau. The gorge is steeped in legend and was made accessible to the public by a few members of the Pongau Alpine Club from 1875-1876.
For thousands of years, the thundering waterfalls and rushing waters have been digging their way deeper and deeper down into the gorge. Today the walls are so high and close together in places that the sky appears merely as a tiny strip of blue.
Practically everyone is enchanted by the powerful atmosphere and almost ghostly play of light and shadows in the deep, narrow gorge.